- Note: Gunakan Form Search Untuk Mencari Lowongan Yang Anda Inginkan..
Job descriptionExperience : 15-20 years
Panagora Group, a small, woman-owned business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development, is supporting USAID/Indonesia to implement its new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) through a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Platform (MEL-P) Activity. Along with enhancing MEL capability, we also promote use of the empirical evidence for programming, learning, and adapting as USAID supports the Government of Indonesia (GOI). Indonesia MEL-P is supporting USAID Indonesia’s Environment Office (ENV) with the recruitment of Senior Climate Change Advisor (SCCA). Responsibilities: The SCCA will provide strategic input to ENV program development, mentoring/coaching support, and technical guidance. Though direct involvement in project management is not expected, the SCCA will contribute to strategic thinking on partner engagement (including GOI and USG interagency counterparts) and assist with the design and startup of new activities. The SCCA will support implementation coordination among ENV, the Mission, and the Regional Development Mission for Aisa (RDMA) implementing partners as well as coach ENV staff to strengthen communication and teamwork for improved performance. Anticipated responsibilities are as follow:
- Provide high level strategic advisory services on engaging the interagency group on the Bilateral Climate Change Working Group and various task forces.
- Assist USAID/Indonesia’s ENV leadership in presenting a strategic programmatic approach to addressing climate change, aligned with the Agency’s Climate Change Strategy.
- Develop a communication plan to ensure USG interagency partners understand ENV approaches to addressing climate change challenges in Indonesia.
- Support early-stage work planning with new WASH and marine activities.
- Support the strategic development of solid waste management activities and link them to the marine sector’s activities to reduce ocean plastics.
- Pending funding availability, collaborate with ENV staff to design a new adaptation program, develop an engagement plan for cocreation with Government of Indonesia, and/or integrate adaptation funding into existing activities.
- Develop a strategic plan to engage the GOI on terrestrial biodiversity issues that involve The Tropical Forest Conservation Act TFCA and USAID’s orangutan conservation efforts.
- Facilitate coordination with the large Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA) environment program, especially on marine and energy activities.
- Help develop an environment team-building plan, including a retreat (with potential facilitation).
- Provide mentoring/coaching support to new Foreign Service Officer ENV supervisors and junior Foreign Service Officers, particularly on drafting performance evaluation materials.
- Assist in drafting/reviewing ENV memos and reports and other appropriate tasks, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 15 years of experience managing teams and portfolios of climate change related programs with USAID.
- Well-versed in USAID business practices with full understanding of design, procurement, monitoring and evaluation, financial management, and other USAID project management responsibilities.
- The candidate should have deep knowledge of climate change issues and how these issues are applicable to Indonesia.
- Significant experience - at least five years - working in Indonesia is required to understand the operating context.
- The candidate should have a firm understanding of the complex US Government and Government of Indonesia relationship.
- Excellent communication and teambuilding skills are essential.
- Clear and concise writing skills are required.
- Position is envisioned to be remote with periods of Jakarta-based work.