- Note: Gunakan Form Search Untuk Mencari Lowongan Yang Anda Inginkan..
Job descriptionJob #: req19406
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 10/25/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.orgIFC is seeking an (Associate) Operations Officer for Upstream with expertise in the infrastructure sector. This position is part of the broader Infrastructure and Natural Resources (INR) team in the Asia Pacific region. The INR team delivers financial and technical support to clients in the energy, transport, telecoms, municipal & environmental infrastructure, gas, and mining sectors, from IFC’s own Balance Sheet and through mobilization of other capital. The selected candidate will focus on supporting the development of bankable and investible operations through Upstream engagements in infra sectors. The selected candidate shall be under the supervision of the Regional Upstream Lead. S/he will also support policy work, regulatory analysis and other interventions across the World Bank Group related to Upstream efforts.
Role & Responsibilities:
The roles and responsibilities of the position will include but not be limited to:
- With an emphasis on creating investment opportunities for IFC, support the identification, prioritization and assessment of Upstream opportunities that emerge from country and sector strategies and market intelligence work and business development work carried out by regional and global INR teams.
- Contribute to the conceptualization, development and supervision of Upstream projects, including various types of pre-investment work required to generate and enable IFC investments: sector diagnostics, market surveys, feasibility studies, scoping and evaluation of business models, and implementation plans, among others.
- Assist in designing and implementing scalable solutions and platforms/programs that can help generate multiple investment opportunities similar to “Scaling Solar” (https://www.scalingsolar.org/) and that can be replicated across markets.
- Help spot game-changing trends, technologies and business models that can bring solutions to emerging markets.
- Produce regular reports on the assigned Upstream activities, including pipeline reports, status updates, and progress reports monitoring execution performance against project milestones and KPIs.
- Contribute to sector-specific data analysis and stress-testing of various operating models to help generate ideas for new projects, new products and platform businesses.
- Work with the World Bank to analyze sector and regulatory reforms that are needed to unlock opportunities for private investment.
- Interact with thought leaders and decision makers across the World Bank Group and externally to foster innovative thinking about overcoming regulatory and sector dynamic constraints to increase private investment in the target sector.
- Support the development of scalable solutions in infrastructure sectors that can be implemented and replicated across markets.
- Contribute to the development of knowledge materials to promote Upstream activities and document best practices and lessons learned.
- Master's degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Finance, Economics, International Relations, Science, Engineering, or other relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in project and/or sector development, including feasibility studies, regulatory reform, hands-on PPP advisory and/or consulting functions in infrastructure. Relevant experience across at least one (1) emerging market is preferred.
- Relevant commercial/business development experience.
- Genuine commitment to development and to the World Bank Group and IFC's mission, strategy and values. Willingness to engage in sector and project development across various emerging markets.
- Understanding of IFC’s strategic priorities and evolving business model to engage earlier in the project development cycle.
- Capacity to innovate and challenge traditional models and experience in new idea generation, business development, and creating projects/programs from scratch.
- Ability to link policy reforms, advisory interventions, investment, and mobilization to deliver solutions.
- Hands-on experience in developing private sector investment opportunities in infrastructure is preferred.
- Ability to engage with private sector clients, investors local and national governments and other stakeholders to encourage pioneering business and market development.
- Experience in project/program management, including executing against implementation plans with defined business development milestones.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.