- Note: Gunakan Form Search Untuk Mencari Lowongan Yang Anda Inginkan..
Job descriptionWe are currently seeking qualified candidates for a proposed position of Laboratory and Diagnostics Advisor for an anticipated USAID Accelerating the Elimination of Tuberculosis in Indonesia opportunity. The position shall be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate. Position Description: The Laboratory and Diagnostics Advisor will be responsible for managing all laboratory diagnostic network strengthening activities of the project in the country. S/he will provide technical support to the Ministry of Health, National TB Program and stakeholders on developing or updating laboratory strategy, and will take the lead on planning and implementing activities to improve quality and performance of laboratory services. The Laboratory and Diagnostics Advisor will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia and will report to project’s Technical Director. Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance to the laboratory and diagnostics component of the project in coordination with other project technical areas
- Work in close collaboration with national counterparts to provide the technical assistance required to fulfill national objectives and targets, especially these related to the laboratory network strategic plan, work plans and quality management system
- Provide technical support and mentorship in the planning, conduct, and reporting of assessments, audits for management systems as per national policies
- Provide advisory services to the national reference laboratories (NRLs) as well as other stakeholders on the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to build laboratory capacity and quality with reference to ISO 15189 or other standards and requirements.
- Provide technical and coordination support as needed for implementation of a quality assurance program on TB diagnostics for clinical laboratories.
- Provide technical support in the implementation of diagnostic network strengthening activities such as specimen referral and transport system, laboratory information management system, data management and reporting, diagnostic connectivity and expansion and optimization of molecular diagnostic tools.
- Provide onsite and on-the-job technical assistance to laboratories and others as required and requested as part of overall capacity building and continuous improvement schemes.
- Provide expert advice in preparation of training materials, SOPs, job aids and deliver trainings to the laboratories.
- Coordinate and support selection, procurement, distribution, and maintenance of laboratory supplies and instruments performing services and duties as needed.
- Work with NRL leadership to enhance and oversee the TB diagnostic network, update the diagnostic algorithm and improve culture and drug susceptibility testing
- Provide technical assistance on establishing new TB diagnostics as they become available.
- Provide technical expertise regarding infection prevention control policies and biosafety and biosecurity measures in the laboratories
- Work with project management and technical teams in developing work plans, presentations and reports, and represent the project wherever required.
- Master’s degree in microbiology or laboratory sciences, or its international equivalent, in biological sciences within a clinical or diagnostic discipline or specialty.
- At least 8 years’ experience working with TB or other infectious disease diagnostics and/or in laboratory systems strengthening
- Proven experience in laboratory quality assurance, quality control and audits or at least seven years in a senior laboratory management position required.
- Demonstrated ability and aptitude to perform quality assurance laboratory audits and assessments against accepted national and international standards and regulations
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in training and mentoring staff and others
- Proven experience working with government officials, particularly the Ministry of Health is highly desirable, to support strategy development, implementation plans and decision making
- Experience in private sector laboratory and diagnostics is preferred
- Ability to travel in country 20-25% of the time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in Bahasa required.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Intrested in this job?
Iklan Lowongan Pekerjaan Lainnya
Hyatt Regency Bali Denpasar 25 hari yang lalu